Solutions for Overcoming Dental Fear
Dental Anxiety is Not Uncommon
In fact, some studies show that up to 75% of Americans experience some level of dental related fear and 20% avoid dental care because of it. If you have a fear of dental work, we want you to know that making you feel comfortable and safe at our office is our first priority.
House of Smiles can help you get the care you need.
Dental Anxiety vs. Dental Phobia
Dental anxieties and phobias present themselves in a wide variety of ways, and specific fears vary from person to person. Dental anxiety may be mild to moderate, and often takes the form of a general sense of worry and apprehension when thinking about an upcoming procedure. Dental phobia is a more intense experience, with patients feeling an overwhelming, irrational fear of dental work. This can sometimes cause them to avoid care all together.
We're Here To Help!
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment!
We Can Help!
Whatever your individual level of anxiety may be, our office is committed to making sure that your visit is as comfortable, quick and easy as possible. There are many solutions for dental anxiety, and we are ready to help.
Here are a few popular methods for easing anxiety in the dental office:
- Informing us as to what you are afraid of is a great place to start. Often we can quell a fear simply by giving you correct or updated information. We will always keep you informed before, during and after your procedure, making sure that you understand what is going on and why we are doing it.
- Calming Techniques:
- Many patients find it helpful to practice controlled breathing or to find distraction inside the room.
- Listening to Music:
- With most procedures, the use of personal headphones and music is allowed. This is a great way to keep calm and pass the time while in the chair.
- Oral Sedation:
- Depending on the nature of your procedure, various types of sedation may be available to you.
- Taking Breaks:
- Let us know if you would like to take a short break during your treatment by signaling with your left hand.
Oral health is important for the health of your whole body. Don’t let fear stand in your way of good dental care! We can help you get the care that you need. Call Today to Make an Appointment at House of Smiles Phone Number 254-680-4450